My beautiful followers, I have been a bit absent here and I do apologise. As we all do, I had to get my head around a few things and so I had a bit of a reset phase. Triggered by a crazy doing phase, I noticed the importance of resetting and resting versus working and being productivity more than ever before.
And now here I am with a topic that I’ve seen with me and I keep seeing with people I meet in my life, be it connections whilst traveling, my friends and family and also my clients. It is the phrase “I must” that we use a lot without even questioning it. Without even reflecting on the deeper meaning of that little, yet so powerful phrase.
The mental prison
With every “I must” I personally feel like putting myself into a prison and I cannot even blame a person other than me. Every time I say “I must”, I limit myself, I restrict myself, I block myself, I get stuck. I mean who wants to feel stuck? Exactly, so how about you get unstuck?
Do you feel like this is a difficult one? Well, I of course am honest with you and yes this is a process. Considering that we grow up with that mind pattern “I have to” “I must” “I can’t”, it is not necessarily an easy task to turn this mind pattern around, but I know it is possible. Because I have done it or lets say I am also in the process. I have increased my awareness a lot about what I say and the way I speak with myself. So, let me talk about a solution of finding your way out of your mental prison and into ease.
- Awareness: Notice when you say “I must”. Be aware of when you use it and how often you use it.
- Observation: See how it makes you feel when you say these two words “I must”.
- Reflection: Ask yourself where this is coming from. Who says “I must”? Is it coming from you, from another person or society?
- Replace: Now try saying the same sentence again replacing “I must” with “I want”.
- Observation: See how it makes you feel when you say these two words “I want”.
- Consciousness: Be fully conscious of what you say to yourself, how you speak with yourself and every time you say “I must”, gently replace it with “I want”.
- Results: This little exercise will give you results for sure, if you keep practicing consciousness around your musts and wants.
Be replacing the musts with your wants, you’ll gain awareness and clarity about your wants in life, you will free yourself up for the things you really want to do and overall you’ll feel better.
Now, go off and enjoy your life.
Love, yours Nina
PS: If you want to live a more joyful life and attain a greater health in all areas of your life, please feel free to reach out to me. In a complimentary “Get to know you” call, we will find out together how to best get you into your joyful life. Design your life for results, do not live it by default!
PPS: Please follow me on Instagram as well, where I share loads of life designing content.